Health Insurance Enrollment Services
Whether you’re uninsured because of a lost job due to COVID-19 or looking for low-cost health insurance for your family, our team can help find an affordable health insurance plan and coverage that works for you.
Our certified MNsure Navigators provide free assistance with the application, enrollment, and renewal processes for MNsure and Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP). We will help you determine potential eligibility for MNsure plans and programs and all MHCPs, including Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare.
keeping your health coverage
Portico certified MNsure Navigators can help you renew your health insurance. If you have had a change in income, you may qualify for more affordable insurance. Or, if you have moved, or have recently married or had a child, your Portico navigator can help you report these changes to MNsure.
Other Ways We Can Help
If you don’t qualify for health insurance through MNsure your Portico navigator can still help you to access health care. Your navigator can:
• Assist with emergency health insurance
• Guide you to low-cost medical and dental care
• Refer you to and assist with applications for hospital charity care programs
• Refer you to social service and community-based resources
“I felt at peace and satisfied because, thanks to Portico, I didn’t have to spend so much money, which would have left me without savings. So that’s the good thing about having [health insurance] and I’m very grateful to the people of Portico that I was able to have [health insurance].”John
Helping You Navigate Minnesota Health Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
To make the process go smoothly, it’s important to come to your appointment prepared. Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
- Application assistance into health system charity care programs.
- Application assistance into reduced-fee clinic programs.
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household income, immigration status, and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health insurance you might qualify for. Call Portico today at 651.489.2273 to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A form: If anyone in your household is offered insurance through an employer, please ask your supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form. Bring the completed form to you appointment.
- If you have a previous MNsure account created, you must bring you user id and password. If you do not know this information, you should call MNsure at 1.855.366.7873 before your appointment.
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If you are self-employed, please bring your most recent tax return.
- If you have another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, bring a document to verify that income.
¿Qué necesito traer a mi cita?
- Licencia de conducir u otro tipo de identificación con foto
- Fecha de nacimiento de todos los miembros de la familia (no solo los que van a solicitar)
- Número de seguro social de todos que van a solicitar
- Para los que van a solicitar y no son ciudadanos, su tarjeta de residencia u otros documentos de inmigración
- Formulario Appendix A: Este formulario debe ser completado por un supervisor o representante de recursos humanos si a usted o alguien en la familia se le ofrece seguro médico en el trabajo
- Si ha creado una cuenta de MNsure anteriormente, traiga su nombre de usuario y contraseña. Si no sabe esta información, llame MNsure al 1.855.366.7873 antes de su cita.
- Talones de cheque de los últimos 30 días para comprobar los ingresos de todos los miembros de la familia que trabajan
- Si tiene negocio propio, traiga su declaración de impuestos más reciente
- Si tiene otra fuente de ingreso, como desempleo o seguro social, traiga un documento para verificar el ingreso.
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more about your options.
- I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. This year, Minnesota’s open enrollment period runs November 1, 2020, through December 22, 2020. Certain life changes might qualify you for a special enrollment period. Visit MNsure to learn more.