MNsure Enrollment Assistance
If you’re a Minnesotan who needs health insurance but doesn’t know where to start, our team can help you access affordable health care coverage, including MNsure. Portico is a MNsure Official Partner.
Get Enrollment Help
Call us to schedule an appointment
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Health Insurance Enrollment Services
Whether you’re uninsured because of a lost job due to COVID-19 or looking for low-cost health insurance for your family, our team can help find an affordable health insurance plan and coverage that works for you.
Our certified MNsure Navigators provide free assistance with the application, enrollment, and renewal processes for MNsure and Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP). We will help you understand if you qualify. We can also help you apply for private health insurance plans, including plans that qualify for Advance Premium Tax Credits (APTC).
keeping your health coverage
Portico navigators can help you renew your health insurance. Your Portico navigator can help you complete your renewal paperwork for Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare or other health insurance plans. If you have had a change in income, you may qualify for more affordable insurance. Or, if you have moved, or have recently married or had a child, your Portico navigator can help you report these changes.
Other Ways We Can Help
If you don’t qualify for health insurance through MNsure your Portico navigator can still help you to access health care. Your navigator can:
• Assist with emergency health insurance
• Guide you to low-cost medical, dental and vision care
• Refer you to and assist with applications for hospital financial assistance programs
• Refer you to social service and community-based resources
“I felt at peace and satisfied because, thanks to Portico, I didn’t have to spend so much money, which would have left me without savings. So that’s the good thing about having [health insurance] and I’m very grateful to the people of Portico that I was able to have [health insurance].”John
Helping You Navigate Minnesota Health Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
To make the process go smoothly, it’s important to be prepared for your appointment. Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us.
Who is eligible for Portico's assistance?
There are no eligibility requirements to receive Portico’s free assistance. We can help any Minnesotan learn about their health insurance options and help them apply for coverage that fits their specific situation.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household size, household income, and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health insurance you might qualify for. Call Portico today at 651.489.2273 to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to have available for my appointment?
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A form: If anyone in your household is offered insurance through an employer, please ask your supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form.
- If you have a previous MNsure account created, have your user id and password available. If you do not know this information, you should call MNsure at 1.855.366.7873 before your appointment.
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If you are self-employed, have your most recent tax return.
- If you have another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, have a document to verify that income.
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more about your options.
- I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. MNsure is currently offering a special enrollment period (SEP) for any Minnesotan who is uninsured or not currently enrolled in a qualified health plan. The special enrollment period runs Tuesday, February 16 through Friday, July 16. Certain life changes might also qualify you for a special enrollment period. Contact us at 651.489.2273 to learn more.