Looking for help finding health care coverage options? Call us to make an appointment.
1600 University Avenue West, Suite 211
Saint Paul, MN 55104-3841
The Portico Healthnet offices are located in the Spruce Tree Centre, conveniently located off the Snelling Avenue stop on the METRO Green Line. Parking is available in the ramp located on Spruce Tree Avenue.
Monday through Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We know that it’s not always easy to make an office visit, which is why we have numerous convenient off-site options to meet you where you are out in the community.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here for you! Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us using the information above.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
- Application assistance into health system charity care programs.
- Application assistance into reduced-fee clinic programs.
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household income, immigration status and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health care coverage you might qualify for. Call Portico today at 651.489.2273 to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Driver’s license or other ID
- Social Security # for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Green Card or other immigration documents
- Most recent tax forms
- Recent pay stubs (two consecutive)
- Documents for any other sources of income (social security, unemployment, self-employment, etc)
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN)
- Employer’s address and contact information
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying (bring this form to your employer)
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico to learn more about your options.
I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
If you are experiencing User ID, password, or technical issues, please call MNsure directly at 1.855.366.7873.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. This year Minnesota’s open enrollment period runs November 1, 2018, through January 13, 2019. Certain life changes might qualify for you for a special enrollment period. Visit MNsure to learn more.
Where can I go to learn more?
Contact Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more.