Looking for help finding health care coverage options? Call us to make an appointment.
1600 University Avenue West, Suite 211
Saint Paul, MN 55104-3841
The Portico Healthnet offices are located in the Spruce Tree Centre, conveniently located off the Snelling Avenue stop on the METRO Green Line. Parking is available in the ramp located at 1611 Spruce Tree Drive.
Monday through Friday | 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Call us for an appointment.
We know that it’s not always easy to make an office visit, which is why we have numerous convenient off-site options to meet you where you are out in the community.
Portico Healthnet provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in accessible formats like Braille, large print, data/audio files, relay services and TTY communications.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here for you! Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us using the information above.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
- Application assistance into health system charity care programs.
- Application assistance into reduced-fee clinic programs.
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household income, immigration status and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health care coverage you might qualify for. Call Portico today at 651.489.2273 to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A form: If anyone in your household is offered insurance through an employer, please ask your supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form. Bring the completed form to you appointment.
- If you have a previous MNsure account created, you must bring you user id and password. If you do not know this information, you should call MNsure at 855-366-7873 before your appointment.
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If you are self-employed, please bring your most recent tax return.
- If you have another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, bring a document to verify that income.
¿Qué necesito traer a mi cita?
- Licencia de conducir u otro tipo de identificación con foto
- Fecha de nacimiento de todos los miembros de la familia (no solo los que van a solicitar)
- Número de seguro social de todos que van a solicitar
- Para los que van a solicitar y no son ciudadanos, su tarjeta de residencia u otros documentos de inmigración
- Formulario Appendix A: Este formulario debe ser completado por un supervisor o representante de recursos humanos si a usted o alguien en la familia se le ofrece seguro médico en el trabajo
- Si ha creado una cuenta de MNsure anteriormente, traiga su nombre de usuario y contraseña. Si no sabe esta información, llame MNsure al 855-366-7873 antes de su cita.
- Talones de cheque de los últimos 30 días para comprobar los ingresos de todos los miembros de la familia que trabajan
- Si tiene negocio propio, traiga su declaración de impuestos más reciente
- Si tiene otra fuente de ingreso, como desempleo o seguro social, traiga un documento para verificar el ingreso.
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico to learn more about your options.
I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
If you are experiencing User ID, password, or technical issues, please call MNsure directly at 1.855.366.7873.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. This year Minnesota’s open enrollment period runs November 1, 2018, through January 13, 2019. Certain life changes might qualify for you for a special enrollment period. Visit MNsure to learn more.
Where can I go to learn more?
Contact Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more.