Looking for help finding health insurance options?
Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule a 30-minute health insurance consultation online.
You may also schedule an in-person appointment at a convenient community location.
Portico Healthnet provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in accessible formats like Braille, large print, data/audio files, relay services and TTY communications.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here for you! Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us using the information above.
Who is eligible for Portico's assistance?
There are no eligibility requirements to receive Portico’s free assistance. We can help any Minnesotan learn about their health insurance options and help them apply for coverage that fits their specific situation.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household size, household income, and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health insurance you might qualify for. Call Portico today at 651.489.2273 to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to have available for my appointment?
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A form: If anyone in your household is offered insurance through an employer, please ask your supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form.
- If you have a previous MNsure account created, have your user id and password available. If you do not know this information, you should call MNsure at 1.855.366.7873 before your appointment.
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If you are self-employed, have your most recent tax return.
- If you have another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, have a document to verify that income.
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more about your options.
- I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. MNsure is currently offering a special enrollment period (SEP) for any Minnesotan who is uninsured or not currently enrolled in a qualified health plan. The special enrollment period runs Tuesday, February 16 through Friday, July 16. Certain life changes might also qualify you for a special enrollment period. Contact us at 651.489.2273 to learn more.