We Help Students and Families Access Health Coverage and Care
Do your students’ families need help understanding their health insurance options? Portico’s certified MNsure Navigators can assist with the MNsure application and enrollment process from start to finish.
Families can schedule a consultation appointment by clicking the link below, calling us at 651.489.CARE (2273), or completing the referral form below. Portico Healthnet staff are available 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Calls are answered in English or Spanish, and we provide interpreters for all other languages. Portico staff will collect the family’s contact information and ask some basic questions about their family size, income, and health insurance status. Those who need to complete a MNsure application will be scheduled with a Portico MNsure Navigator for a phone-based appointment.
Refer Your families
Appointments for 30 minute health insurance consultations are easy to schedule online.
You can also refer families to Portico using one of the convenient referral forms below. Just fill it out and return to us by fax or send via our secure document upload system.
Portico staff can work with families in their preferred language. Portico staff are fluent in Spanish, Somali, Hmong and Vietnamese; interpreters are available for all other languages.
Meet with us at a school near you
Portico’s experienced MNsure Navigators are available in-person at several local schools. Appointments for 60 minute application assistance appointments at one of these locations can be scheduled online or call us 651.489.CARE (2273).
Brooklyn Center Health Resource Center at Brooklyn Center High School
6500 North Humboldt Avenue
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Every Thursday from 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Minneapolis Family Resource Center at Andersen School
1100 Andersen Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Every Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Richfield Health Resource Center at Richfield High School
7001 Harriet Avenue, Door 13A
Richfield, MN 55423
Every Wednesday from 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Health care is a very intense system. I appreciate talking to clients, troubleshooting, and trying to figure out how to make health care better in our country. Ryan Anderson Pascual
MNsure Senior Navigator
La atención médica es un sistema muy intenso. Aprecio hablar con los clientes, la resolución de problemas e intentar descubrir cómo mejorar la atención médica en nuestro país. Ryan Anderson Pascual
MNsure Senior Navigator
I love what I do at Portico because I enjoy being able to serve families so that they receive the necessary health care coverage. And I’m thankful for the trust that families place in my work! Eva Sanchez
Amo mi trabajo en Portico porque disfruto poder servir a las familias para que tengan la ayuda médica necesaria. ¡Y agradezco la confianza que depositan en mi trabajo! Eva Sanchez
I enjoy assisting clients through the process of obtaining and maintaining health insurance coverage so that they can feel confident about accessing medical services. Natalia Johnson
Me gusta ayudar a clientes con el proceso de obtener y mantener la aseguranza para que puedan sentirse más seguros cuando van a visitas médicas. Natalia Johnson
You can order brochures by filling out this form or calling 651.603.5129
Events or Presentations
Portico staff can table at your event or do a customized presentation for your staff or families focused on an overview of Portico services, MNsure programs, program eligibility, dental access, and/or resources for low cost healthcare. Find out more by filling out this form or contact us at 651.603.5129 or email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here for you and your families! Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us using the information above.
Who is eligible for Portico's assistance?
There are no eligibility requirements to receive Portico’s free assistance. We can help any Minnesotan learn about their health insurance options and help them apply for coverage that fits their specific situation.
What services does Portico provide?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs)
- Assistance with reduced-fee clinic program applications
- Assistance with emergency health insurance
- Referrals to low-cost medical, dental and vision care
- Referrals to and assistance with applications for hospital financial assistance programs
Portico does not assist with Medicare enrollment. Those who need assistance with Medicare should call Senior LinkAge Line at 800.333.2433.
What factors impact health care program eligibility?
Household size, household income, and access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact health care coverage eligibility. Please call Portico at 651.489.2273 to speak with one of our experts.
What do families need to have available for their phone appointment?
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A – Health Coverage from Jobs form: If anyone in your household is offered insurance through an employer, please ask your supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form. Bring the completed form to you appointment.
- If you have a previous MNsure account created, you must bring you user id and password. If you do not know this information, you should call MNsure at 855-366-7873 before your appointment.
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If you are self-employed, please bring your most recent tax return.
- If you have another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, bring a document to verify that income.
- If you are enrolled in health insurance, have your health insurance card
- If you received your Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal form, bring your renewal form
What if a family is not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect your families to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more.
What do I do if a family is trying to apply to MNsure on their own but are having technical issues?
For all User ID, password, or technical issues, please call MNsure directly at 1.855.366.7873.
When can families enroll into MNsure programs?
Families who qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) your family will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. Certain life changes might qualify your family for a special enrollment period. Contact us at 651.489.2273 to learn more.