We Can Help Your Clients Access Health Coverage and Care
Do your clients need help understanding their health insurance options? Portico’s certified MNsure Navigators can assist all Minnesotans with the MNsure application and enrollment process from start to finish.
Clients can call us directly or referring agencies can complete the referral form below. Portico Healthnet staff can be reached at 651.489.CARE (2273) from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Calls are answered in English or Spanish, and we provide interpreters for all other languages. Portico staff will collect clients’ contact information and ask some basic questions about their family size, income, and health insurance status. Those who need to complete a MNsure application will be scheduled with a Portico MNsure Navigator for a phone-based appointment.
Refer Your Clients
It is easy to refer clients to Portico using one of these convenient referral forms. Just fill it out and return to us by fax or send via our secure document upload system.
Portico staff can work with your clients in their preferred language. Portico staff are fluent in Spanish, Somali, Hmong and Vietnamese; interpreters are available for all other languages.
Portico staff can do a customized presentation for your staff or your clients focused on an overview of Portico services, MNsure programs, program eligibility, dental access, and/or resources for low cost healthcare. Find out more by filling out this form or contact Julia McCarthy, Program Director at 651.603.5111 or email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here for you and your clients! Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us using the information above.
Who is eligible for Portico's assistance?
There are no eligibility requirements to receive Portico’s free assistance. We can help any Minnesotan learn about their health insurance options and help them apply for coverage that fits their specific situation.
What services does Portico provide?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs)
- Assistance with reduced-fee clinic program applications
- Assistance with emergency health insurance
- Referrals to low-cost medical, dental and vision care
- Referrals to and assistance with applications for hospital financial assistance programs
What factors impact health care program eligibility?
Household size, household income, and access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact health care coverage eligibility. Please call Portico at 651.489.2273 to speak with one of our experts.
What does my client need to have available for their phone appointment?
- Driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A form: If anyone in the household is offered insurance through an employer, please have the client’s supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form.
- If a previous MNsure account has been created, the client must have their user id and password available. If they do not know this information, they should call MNsure at 855-366-7873 before their appointment.
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If the client is self-employed, they should have their most recent tax return available.
- If the client has another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, they should have a document to verify that income.
What if my client is not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect your clients to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more.
- My client is trying to apply to MNsure on their own but are having technical issues.
When can my client enroll into MNsure programs?
Clients who qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) your client will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. MNsure is currently offering a special enrollment period (SEP) for any Minnesotan who is uninsured or not currently enrolled in a qualified health plan. The special enrollment period runs Tuesday, February 16 through Friday, July 16. Certain life changes might qualify your client for a special enrollment period. Contact us at 651.489.2273 to learn more.