MNsure Enrollment Assistance
Over the phone or in person, our certified MNsure Navigators provide hands-on assistance with the application, enrollment, and renewal processes for MNsure and Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP). Meet with us, one-on-one, at our office, or multiple convenient locations throughout the metro, including schools, community centers, and clinics. Our assessments will determine potential eligibility for MNsure plans and programs and all MHCPs, including Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare.
“I felt at peace and satisfied because, thanks to Portico, I didn’t have to spend so much money, which would have left me without savings. So that’s the good thing about having [health care coverage] and I’m very grateful to the people of Portico that I was able to have [coverage].”John
Making Our Voice Heard
Our ongoing advocacy efforts with county, state, and MNsure offices ensures the needs and concerns of applicants are heard.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make the process go smoothly, it’s important to come to your appointment prepared. Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
- Application assistance into health system charity care programs.
- Application assistance into reduced-fee clinic programs.
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household income, immigration status, and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health care coverage you might qualify for. Call Portico today to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Permanent Resident Card or other immigration documents
- Appendix A form: If anyone in your household is offered insurance through an employer, please ask your supervisor or HR contact to fill out this form. Bring the completed form to you appointment
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days to prove income of all family members who are employed
- If you are self-employed, please bring your most recent tax return
- If you have another source of income, such as unemployment or social security, bring a document to verify that income
¿Qué necesito traer a mi cita?
- Licencia de conducir u otro tipo de identificación con foto
- Fecha de nacimiento de todos los miembros de la familia (no solo los que van a solicitar)
- Número de seguro social de todos que van a solicitar
- Para los que van a solicitar y no son ciudadanos, su tarjeta de residencia u otros documentos de inmigración
- Formulario Appendix A: Este formulario debe ser completado por un supervisor o representante de recursos humanos si a usted o alguien en la familia se le ofrece seguro médico en el trabajo
- Talones de cheque de los últimos 30 días para comprobar los ingresos de todos los miembros de la familia que trabajan
- Si tiene negocio propio, traiga su declaración de impuestos más reciente
- Si tiene otra fuente de ingreso, como desempleo o seguro social, traiga un documento para verificar el ingreso.
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more about your options.
I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
If you are experiencing User ID, password, or technical issues, please call MNsure directly at 1.855.366.7873.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. This year, Minnesota’s open enrollment period runs November 1, 2018, through January 13, 2019. Certain life changes might qualify for you for a special enrollment period. Visit MNsure to learn more.
Where can I go to learn more?
Visit our training page to learn more.