MNsure Enrollment Assistance
Over the phone or in person, our certified MNsure Navigators provide hands-on assistance with the application, enrollment, and renewal processes for MNsure and Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP). Meet with us, one-on-one, at our office, or multiple convenient locations throughout the metro, including schools, community centers, clinics, and WIC sites. Our assessments will determine potential eligibility for MNsure plans and programs and all MHCPs, including Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare.
“I felt at peace and satisfied because, thanks to Portico, I didn’t have to spend so much money, which would have left me without savings. So that’s the good thing about having [health care coverage] and I’m very grateful to the people of Portico that I was able to have [coverage].”John
Making Our Voice Heard
Our ongoing advocacy efforts with county, state, and MNsure offices ensures the needs and concerns of applicants are heard.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make the process go smoothly, it’s important to come to your appointment prepared. Below are commonly asked questions about Portico and the services we offer. If your question isn’t answered below, please contact us.
What health care coverage programs does Portico help with?
Portico’s enrollment experts can provide:
- MNsure enrollment services for individuals and families enrolling into public programs such as Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare as well as Qualified Health Plans (QHPs).
- Application assistance into health system charity care programs.
- Application assistance into reduced-fee clinic programs.
What factors impact what health care program I am eligible for?
Your household income, immigration status, and whether or not you have access to employer-sponsored insurance all impact what health care coverage you might qualify for. Call Portico today to find out what you may be eligible for.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Driver’s license or other ID
- Social Security number for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Green Card or other immigration documents
- Most recent tax forms
- Recent pay stubs (two consecutive)
- Documents for any other sources of income (Social Security, unemployment, self-employment, etc.)
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN)
- Employer’s address and contact information
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying (Bring this form to your employer.)
What if I’m not eligible for a MNsure program?
Portico can connect you to other health care resources. Call Portico at 651.489.2273 to learn more about your options.
I am trying to apply to MNsure on my own but am having technical issues.
If you are experiencing User ID, password, or technical issues, please call MNsure directly at 1.855.366.7873.
When can I enroll into MNsure programs?
If you qualify for public programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare), you can apply year round. To apply for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), you will need to apply during the Open Enrollment Period. This year, Minnesota’s open enrollment period runs November 1, 2018, through January 13, 2019. Certain life changes might qualify for you for a special enrollment period. Visit MNsure to learn more.
Where can I go to learn more?
Visit our training page to learn more.